Exact Contracting were engaged by the Department of Planning Infrastructure and Logistics for the upgrade and seal of the Finke Aerodrome at the Finke Community approximately 250kms south of Alice Springs.
The Works consisted of:
- Site clearance and removal of obstructions within runway strip;
- Earthworks grading and preparation of surfaces for runway, runway strip, taxiway and apron;
- Cement stabilisation of existing pavement base including top up material to make up levels;
- Two coat seal surfacing of base course including surface preparation and priming;
- Line marking and letter designation of pavement;
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Safety Inspection prior to opening.