Iron Knob Rail Extension
Exact Mining Services were contracted to undertake all three stages of the rail extension works for Arrium at their Iron Knob Project in South Australia.
The key tasks associated with the rail extension included:
- Remove rail, fastenings and sleepers, and return to Arrium.
- Remove existing ballast and formation to stockpile.
- Remove existing under track culvert.
- Clearing grubbing. Blasting and stockpiling.
- Batter trimming.
- Cut to fill on site.
- Fill from site won material.
- Screening of site won material and placement of structural fill.
- Crush, screen and place of capping.
- Supply and installation of RCBC.
The Project was undertaken in accordance with strict quality control measures, and assisted Arrium with re-design works to reduce the overall cost of the Project.